Fire at popular Dalston Turkish restaurant

 

Photo courtesy of Dalstonist

Photo courtesy of Dalstonist

Stoke Newington Road, in Dalston was shut down this morning (Wednesday) while firefighters extinguished a blaze at Istanbul Turkish Restaurant on Kingsland Road.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, rescued one man from a first floor flat who was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

Five people from flats on three floors above the restaurant, escaped before fire fighters arrived. A fire spokesperson  said:

“The restaurant ducting and part of the wooden ceiling were on fire. There was quite a lot of smoke and this spread to the first floor flat. Crews rescued a man who was suffering from smoke inhalation from the flat.”

Four fire engines, two each from Kingsland and Stoke Newington fire stations went to the scene.   Twenty one firefighters and officers tackled the blaze.

The fire started shortly after 10:00am and was under control at 11:00am.

 

2 Responses to "Fire at popular Dalston Turkish restaurant"

  1. Debbie  30/05/2013 at 12:57 pm

    It is a Stoke Newington restaurant in Stoke Newington. If you are going to write a blog about Hackney at least work out which area you are talking about. Such Hype.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.